Pita Thoughts

The scattered thoughts of a mind trying to remain open is a seemingly closed world.

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

Smiley

I haven't heard that nickname in a long time. Someone I love dearly used to call me "Smiley", but he lives far away from me now and I don't hear it anymore...until the other day. I was reading a rather amusing email from a friend, therefore I was beaming red with a big smile on my face. One of my co-workers saw me and said "hey Smiley". I stopped and stared at him for a few seconds, taken aback, yet somehow lightened inside when I heard those words. I just smirked at him and walked by. For a couple days I could not remember why those words brought me so much joy...then I remembered Michael. He was someone who ALWAYS made me smile. He loved me as much as I loved him, nothing romantic ever happened...I told everyone I loved him too much to date him. It's ironic sometimes how one is reminded of those most important to our lives, by just the simplest event. I emailed Michael this morning to tell him I miss him. He knows, but I needed to say it yet again.

I love to smile, and not just the smirk to hide how I truely feel, but an ear to ear beaming smile that brightens my entire self. In a better time of my life, I had nicknames like "Smiley" and "Sunshine". I miss those days. I have people around me now who love to make me laugh, they think my silly giggle is amusing. I have been told I make others feel better just by being my goofy self and laughing, so that is what I am going to do. Making people happy is something I enjoy...it makes me feel like my day was worth it. Perhaps the favor will be returned ten-fold.

My latest horoscope: I like it.

"Sweet Venus is being excited by your key planet Uranus. Others will see you as more sociable and charming, and you can use this to your advantage. Unfortunately, someone may try to prevent you from having fun. Acknowledge the resistance you perceive from others, but then go ahead with your unconventional activities anyway. The pleasure is worth the consequences."

So, to all those who want to stifle me....kiss off. There is your acknowledgement! :-)

1 Comments:

  • At 7:31 AM, Blogger ducki said…

    By making others happy you'll find yourself feeling better I bet. A smile goes a long way! =)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home