Pita Thoughts

The scattered thoughts of a mind trying to remain open is a seemingly closed world.

Wednesday, October 11, 2006

What are you up to?

A couple friends have called and the conversation always starts with the same question. So.... What am I up to? Try drinking some Bud Light, watching "Gilmore Girls" and trying to forget that my extraordinarily annoying sister is here for the next couple days. SERENITY NOW! I have been home for about a half hour and she has come into my room twice, once to show me a book about hair care products and a second time to make me smell her shampoo (her $20 bottle of shampoo that I couldn't use because my "fine hair would be weighed down, making it even more flat").

A friend of mine reminded me today...when it rains, it pours. My aunt is doing better (thank goodness), but I have been told that my boss' boss thinks I need more work thrown at me and a woman with whom I have come to find is a good friend has breast cancer. WTF??!! I never have seen so much shit tragedy in my life. It has made me come to think I now know far too many people and care for far too many people. I love my friends with all that I have, even those I have never officially met in person, so maybe I would be better off with not so many friends. I know...that's not true. I think the real problem is the fact that I absolutely SUCK at keeping in touch with the wonderful people in my life. I am lazy, I don't call or email enough. I say I will go visit, but I never do. I am a bad friend. I love them, I would be there if they called and needed me, but what about when times are good? Where am I then??? Sitting home, pissed that I didn't make the effort to go have fun with people who want to see me.

I am going to dinner with a friend I haven't seen in almost two years tomorrow night. I am going out with another friend with whom I love to laugh on Friday night. These gals are good for me, I will not cancel, as I have so many times before. I was asked to go out Saturday, but refused to commit because I hate myself when I cancel, yet I do not trust myself to be capable of going out this coming Saturday. Long story, all in my head...not worth sharing.

If I become a better friend, will I be a better person? Will the need for something I can't comprehend be met? I doubt it, but it's sure worth the time!

2 Comments:

  • At 2:26 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Your the greatest friend anyone could ask for!!!! :)

    Retta

     
  • At 10:36 PM, Blogger ducki said…

    It's hard with the pace of life nowadays to get everything done you'd like to. That can make it difficult to keep in touch. We all love ya and we know you are there thinking about us. =)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home