Pita Thoughts

The scattered thoughts of a mind trying to remain open is a seemingly closed world.

Monday, October 23, 2006

Three Cheers

One of my favorite morning reads, is that of Dad Gone Mad. He writes one of the funniest blogs out there, relaying stories of his wife, children, friends and general mishaps of life. One can find an almost daily post at http://www.dadgonemad.com/.

I have been reading DGM's blogs for about a year. I envy his humor and writing style and often wished I had such an eventful life about which I could write. My posts are normally quite somber, the darker thoughts I might have throughout a day and I wondered what it was like to be able to have such humor make up one's life. Lately though, DGM has graciously decided to share his not-so-funny part of life, his bout with depression. Still tossing in his wit, he shares his deepest feelings about the difficulties of living with depression and his fear that side of him could affect his family in some detrimental way. He is open and honest in his writing and for that I say "Three Cheers to DGM." I have the utmost respect for this man and his family. He has shown me that it is not necessary to always put up a front and convince those we encounter that life is always a grand set of amusing events. He has also brought home the fact that no matter how bad everything seems, never let go of humor. There is no stronger medicine than laughter.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home