Pita Thoughts

The scattered thoughts of a mind trying to remain open is a seemingly closed world.

Sunday, October 08, 2006

Shit Shit Shit

I am scheduled to perform in a horse show today....and I DO NOT want to go. With the mood I am currently in, there is no way my horse and I will get our shit together to give a good showing. I have never done this before, so makes sense to be nervous. The trouble is, not only am I taking my horse to such an event for the first time in both our lives, but we are being coached by one of the craziest "Dressage Queens" I have ever met. She will want everything to be perfect...and I am nothing near perfect.

I haven't informed her Majesty that I have opted to use my own saddle, rather than using her very expensive, professional saddle. I am not wearing the special white britches she wanted for me to wear and my horse is far from "prettied" up. I spent yesterday thinking about getting her ready, but after riding (which didn't go well), washing her legs and attempting to pull her mane, I was done. It's cold outside. My motivation goes "POOF" when I am cold. I want to go home, wrap myself in four blankets, sip some hot cocoa and watch old movies.

I had better find at least a trickle of motivation today...or it is going to be a far longer day than anyone anticipated.

2 Comments:

  • At 11:50 AM, Blogger Ryann said…

    oh fuck it. have fun.

    use your saddle (you and your horse know it) and just do it. really who cares if you pull it off or not. Just smile and ride baby. the hot chocolate will be there later ;)

     
  • At 10:27 PM, Blogger ducki said…

    I'm sure you were great! All you can do is try your best. If you can be proud of yourself for going out there and doing it then who cares what others think?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home