Pita Thoughts

The scattered thoughts of a mind trying to remain open is a seemingly closed world.

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Over Already

The week is over, hence so is my vacation. Retta is back home, and I am again left to my own devices. It was nice to have someone with whom to do things I normally would not. I wish that I had more exciting places to take my friend, but I am not much of a tour guide. I wish I was able to help her with some important decisions she needs to make. Though I did not have any great revelations about my life and where I would like to be headed, I did feel some of my inner power return.

We went to Newport, RI and walked along the ocean cliffs. I have always felt overwhelmed by the ocean, but the feeling I had this day was amazing. My body was filled with peace and excitement simultaneously as I watched the waves crash against the seashore. I was nearly overcome by emotion, shivers running throughout my body. Nature gave something to me that day that I have been craving for so very long....a sense of connection to the world around me. I felt the same as I walked around Boston. I am not a city person, but sometimes I can feel the intense energy which is exuded by such a busy and beautiful place. People rush around to get to their destinations, while others stop, watch and enjoy the sites which surround them.

Back to work tomorrow, back to the daily routines of life, but as I sit and think of what I have learned and come to understand in recent months, there is nothing truly routine. Life always has ways of throwing at least a small ripple of waves in what we sometimes believe to be the powerless, quiet stream of our existence. Though at times I have felt nearly swallowed up the rushing waters, I am still swimming....eyes wide open, sometimes paddling with all my might, sometimes simply floating along waiting for that next change in direction. No life raft needed, I am becoming a stronger swimmer by the day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home