Pita Thoughts

The scattered thoughts of a mind trying to remain open is a seemingly closed world.

Tuesday, September 19, 2006

We Shall See

I finally chose a book for the Book Club. I searched and searched and though I wanted someone to just say, "hey, you should read this one", it didn't happen. This choice was all mine. I chose "The Life of Pi" by Yann Martel. It seems odd, yet intriguing. A lot of my life lately is odd, yet intriguing, so I figured it would be the best choice. Just do it....right? I have told the other ladies my choice, we have a month to get back together and discuss the story. I have no idea how long this novel is, and being a rather slow reader, I better get cracking.

The first week back at work since my break has been a bit rough, but so far I haven't tossed anyone out of my office, broke into tears or stormed out. Tomorrow is the ultimate test. I will be alone most of the day and my coworkers tend to like to wait until the last minute for everything. I will be ok, just keep saying "serenity now....serenity now" and remember that I have a large network of friends I can call or email. In one sentence, these people can put a big, stupid grin on my face. I am lucky.

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home