Pita Thoughts

The scattered thoughts of a mind trying to remain open is a seemingly closed world.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Stop Flirting!

I was told today that I shouldn't use my tongue to swipe a piece of carrot from my front tooth because it is perceived as seductive flirting by men. Are you kidding me? I just didn't want a big blob of orange stuck to my tooth. I had another guy I used to work with ask me if I still wore "revealing" clothing to work. I honestly do not recall wearing anything very revealing when I worked at corporate, but Michael swears there was this one outfit in particular..... Damned if I remember, but wish I did...might come in handy!

I honestly think men are nuts! Ok, so all humans are nuts, but men floor me. Women...they are crazy bitches, but men can be worse in the way they think it is "all about them." I had someone, a man, tell me that I have some sort of power over men (especially the ones at work) and I can get them to do whatever I want. I goddam wish! I might be able to guilt them into helping me out on something, but it always comes with some incessant whining and complaining that they always do what I want and get crap in return. "If you don't like my attitude, get out of my office" is my usual response. Believe me, I would much rather replace the water jug on the cooler or go to the job sites and take note of all the rolloff container numbers that are on site. As it happens, though, I am too damn weak in my back to lift the water and am practically tied to my desk in case the damn phone rings or someone is too lazy to use a pen and MUST have their paperwork printed automatically.

The next week and a half should prove interesting, the only other woman in the office is on vacation. As my previous post implies, this is NOT the best week to annoy me. I nearly snapped my cell phone in half this morning because of one male ego attempting to prove itself dominant and almost hung up on one of my drivers for daring to complain I missed one part of his paperwork, therefore forcing him to break out a Bic and write it himself.

My patience must win out this week. I love the guys I work with, they are (fairly) respectful and usually good for a laugh by saying something utterly stupid or in one case; falling backward flipping his chair over because of something I said. But if I fail in keeping my cool, there is a large river behind my building.......no evidence will ever be found. Besides, after the stories these guys tell about their personal lives, I highly doubt the wives would miss anything, as long as a paycheck arrives in the mail. :)

1 Comments:

  • At 9:12 PM, Blogger Ryann said…

    you do have power.

    men are simple, and they love it

    use it, enjoy it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home