Pita Thoughts

The scattered thoughts of a mind trying to remain open is a seemingly closed world.

Wednesday, March 29, 2006

Inspiration

What does it mean when one can not find a source of inspiration? Is all lost or is it a temporary flux of desires in life? A friend of mine recently asked me what inspired me. I could list off many beautiful things which could or have inspired me in the past, but I fear if I had those things near me, I would not receive that wave of emotion I so enjoy....that which erases the negative and refreshes me with new ideas, new promise of the future. In the past, a scene such as this would bring me that feeling.

I had so hoped that my trip to Florida, standing on the warm beach in the Gulf of Mexico would help to clear my mind and renew me, but I am afraid as lovely as it all was, I did not feel it. Does that mean I need another trip, maybe to the mountains? Maybe, but I would like to obtain my clarity at home, thereby being able to jump right into a new project or wake up feeling like I will accomplish something important today.

My Celtic music nearly brings me to the scene above, almost feeling the breeze and smelling the flowers.... Maybe just accepting it is time to "shape up or ship out" has awakened me, maybe my clarity is coming...like a beautiful leaf drifting closer to shore...I am eagerly awaiting it.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:05 PM, Blogger Ryann said…

    maybe you need a more primal inspiration. maybe something more human that landscape.

    maybe a stranger will inspire you... just watch, or seek.

    try coffee shops in sketchy neighbourhoods, or a strip club, or a playground, or a church

     
  • At 9:45 PM, Blogger Gadzie said…

    I vote strip club. I know a great one a few towns... umm yea.. NEVERMIND! :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home