Pita Thoughts

The scattered thoughts of a mind trying to remain open is a seemingly closed world.

Thursday, March 16, 2006

My time

The morning is my time. I drive an hour to work, and it is my time to relax, listen to the radio and enjoy the peace. I will admit that I am in NO hurry to get to work in the morning, I adhere to the speed limit and I do not get upset about other people and their rushed driving (mind you, this is only true for THE MORNING DRIVE TO WORK). This morning, I encountered 3 vans attempting to pass me on the right. I just kept driving straight and to avoid hitting me (in my seemingly ignorant state), these fools backed off. The first two intersection attempts were made by minivans, one driven by a woman and one by a man. I was amused. The third intersection (and mind you, this was 3 in a row) involved a small school bus van. Yes, that's what I said, school bus! And yes, there were some small children aboard. You know what....if I was a Mom, I would rather my child be late for kindergarden than get into an accident on the way. Amazing!

So, after getting through the more traffic laden part of my drive, I decided to pop in my Counting Crows Greatest Hits cd. I haven't listened to it in awhile and figured it might be fun, I felt like dancing. I learned a couple things from my rockin' on to CC this morning. First off, my left leg muscles are not adept at this time for foot tapping to the beat. Second, not only is bopping one's head around while driving distracting to the other drivers, but using one's right foot to tap to the beat is quite distracting. Thank goodness for cruise control, which allows me to tap with both feet, and bop, shake and otherwise move my head to the groovy beat. Ha! Good times! I will work on my left leg though, for those more congested areas where cruise control just isn't an option.

I learned something else today. Well, not that I did not know it already, but I need to definitely work on it a lot more. I SUCK at explaining myself in uncomfortable/tense situations. My fear of hurting someone else's feelings or just saying what I am thinking incorrectly seems to squelch any speaking ability I may have and severs the connection between my brain and mouth. Yeah, definitely have to work on that one....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home