Pita Thoughts

The scattered thoughts of a mind trying to remain open is a seemingly closed world.

Friday, March 31, 2006

8:30AM And All Is Not Well

The day has just begun and it is not going well. I started off great, I got up a half hour early, got onto my treadmill and ran my half hour. I was so proud, great way to start off my day. Then it all went downhill......

On my way to work (the time I like to relax), I had someone pick a fight with me on the phone over my management of my time outside work. I was told that I complain about having too much to do on Saturday mornings, so I should do some of my errands on Friday night after work. Friday night I am in vacation mode and the last thing I want to do is stand in line at the bank or go to the store. Maybe I am selfish, but I would rather go see my friends or bike ride or walk my dogs instead. I have been trying as of late to stop complaining about my responsibilities, so to be told I always complain pisses me off. Believe me, I won't say anything about my time again. I have been trying lately to arrange my schedule so I can get my responsibilities done and spend time with those I care about, but it takes time and with all the changes coming in my life, I think I should be cut some slack.

I then got to work, normally not too stressful of a place. No one was here, so the only thing I have to be good about is answering the phone before BL gets in. Well, the boss called and in his own sarcastic way informed me that he does not like how I answer the phone. I am sorry, but I know that when I call a company I hate getting a lengthy introduction to where I am calling and frankly, I doubt anyone cares who I am, as I might get one phonecall a week. I say "hello" and mention what company they were "lucky" enough to call. Short and to the point. Oh well, I am not a goddam secretary, so unless you want to increase my salary to include extra secretarial duties, just deal with how I answer or fire me!

I am most definitely taking my walk today. I found a great place to walk right along the ocean. They call it the bike path. Water and birds on both sides, large boats floating by and the smell of marsh land and salt water. It is great. This new place will have to be my daily serenity. I don't know about anyone else, but I enjoy watching the little tugboats pull the enormous tanker through the water.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home