Pita Thoughts

The scattered thoughts of a mind trying to remain open is a seemingly closed world.

Sunday, April 09, 2006

Highs and Lows

Live Music is intoxicating! I went to see a band play at a small tavern last night. I loved it. I really enjoy watching live bands play, when you know they are really enjoying what they are doing. It is like a drug, giving me the best high. Most of the audience was just standing there watching, but I had a hard time sitting still. They were playing a lot of popular rock songs, Pearl Jam, Jimmy Hendrix, STP, etc. It was only their third gig together, but they are coming back to that tavern in May, and I am definitely going to see them.

I wonder if it bothers some musicians to perform in front of a crowd that just stands still and watches. They are a rock band, playing with all their heart and soul. I would prefer and audience that dances even just a bit......Tap your feet or something people! I guess everyone is different.

Someone very close to me is depressed. He wants to find ambition to improve his life, but it has not come. I am frustrated because I can not understand why anyone who wants to get something done, just does not get up and do it. Sitting idle and thinking about the problem isn't going to change anything. One of my favorite phrases, "Talk is cheap." I wish I could help, but as much as I believe this person has an immense amount of potential, I can not force that view on anyone, most especially someone who has fallen into a rut of despair. I guess all I can do is be here and listen. I have tried pushing, I have tried talking. I want to drag him out of his house and make him enjoy the day, but the choice is not mine. I offer love and support and I hope it is enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home