Pita Thoughts

The scattered thoughts of a mind trying to remain open is a seemingly closed world.

Thursday, April 13, 2006

If you like it, quote it

It has been busy at work, so no real time to blog my own original thoughts. I did, however, receive a lovely forward via email about the story of a baby squirrel who was adopted into a family of Papillons. The forward contained two fantastic quotes I figured I would share.

"The animal shall not be measured by man. In a world older and more complete than ours, they move finished and complete, gifted with extension of the senses we have lost or never attained, living by voices we shall never hear. They are not brethren; they are not underlings; they are other nations, caught with ourselves in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners of the splendor and travail of the earth." ~Henry Beston, The Outermost House, 1928


"Life is a precious gift. Don't waste it being unhappy, dissatisfied, or anything less than you can be."
"Too often are we so preoccupied with the destination, we forget the journey." - Author Unknown (at least to me)

2 Comments:

  • At 1:57 PM, Blogger zozosma said…

    i liked that those too...

     
  • At 2:24 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    me too!
    I love that Henry Beston quote.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home