Pita Thoughts

The scattered thoughts of a mind trying to remain open is a seemingly closed world.

Monday, February 06, 2006

Present Freedom from the Past.........

I would like to say that this weekend was great and I was very happy with it, but I cannot. I am not going to write about what went on this weekend, but I will say that I wish forgetting to take my pill Thursday and screwing up my hormones was the only “troubling” event this weekend. I am attempting to not dwell on the past, even the “5 minutes ago past,” as dwelling on it will not change my present.

I did have some fun yesterday. Mom and I took the girls for a walk and along came Scrappy. (Well, his real name is Toby, but I think he looks like Scrappy Doo). Kayla was being a snob the first half of the walk to adequately display her disdain for the fact that Scraps came with us. Though he adores both my girls, she hates him and is constantly attacking him when he gets too close. He is an un-neutered male though and neither the girls, nor myself appreciate him mounting them. My Mom will not let Isis off the leash because she has a tendency to not listen and go romping through every muddy puddle and make multiple attempts at jumping into the dirty water surrounding the bogs and go for a mid-winter swim. I always let her off leash so she can join her friends in being a dog, but Mom is not real keen on muddy paws and wet, stinky dogs in her house. It took Toby a while to really loosen up since he is not used to being far from his home, once he did, it was all out wild-puppy time! Toby is half pitbull and quite athetic, he would leap the 4-5ft across the bog moats with ease. He bolted through every puddle; even going so far as to run back to one that Isis was near and (I swear) purposefully splashed her. Isis was pissed, she wanted to join him in this jaunt, but not with Mom around and besides, my chow-bella is not as young as she used to be. Mom made a point to say that he wasn’t nearly this excited when he went with her and Isis the day before, so I pointed out it may have to do with my “Yay, go Toby!” egging him on. He was having a great time though, and like I told Mom, “dogs will be dogs.” They are meant to run, play and get dirty. I had the best time watching him. There is nothing like the contagious enthusiasm of a young pup at play.

I cleaned my room yesterday, another positive that came from a negative. I dismantled the elliptical so as to bring it into the basement, I vacuumed, put clothes way, did laundry and (to make my Mom’s day) I dusted! Getting all that done has been on my list of things to do for quite awhile and it felt great when I was done. I still have to get rid of more clothes and do more dusting, but it’s a start. The closets alone will be a days worth. I am kind of hoping it snows a lot next weekend so I can work on my room and organization some more without thinking I should be outside doing something. I also would like to have my Star Wars weekend. I made the mistake of watching some of the last Star Wars movie on a television at Circuit City while waiting for someone and saw a bit too much. Now that I know the fate of some of the characters, I should just watch the entire group of movies and put my Star Wars curiosity to rest.

I realize that this blog is less than interesting, but it is my way of avoiding writing about any more “serious” thoughts, which could be wandering in my mind. I have come to a realization though; it is very disheartening when someone whom one deems special enough to be part of a turning point in one’s life, has to leave. I have had a few people in my life I wanted to experience these times with me, but they had to leave for their own reasons. Life goes on though and these losses cannot change who I am in negative way, as long as I continue to walk forward, one step at a time. I think the greatest gift in life is to have people around you who can take your hand and walk forward through life, enjoying each movement as it comes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home