Pita Thoughts

The scattered thoughts of a mind trying to remain open is a seemingly closed world.

Monday, January 16, 2006

No false promises....

I was standing in the conference room heating my usual lunch (pitabread and soy cheese), whistling one of my favorite tunes......"If I only had a Brain". For those who are unsure if they know it, it is the clever little ditty sung by the Scarecrow from The Wizard of Oz, a true classic in movie making. BF, the bossman, asked if I was really whistling the Wizard of Oz song (in a tone he tends to use with me...kind of like he wants to come out and say..."you are soo weird"). I never told them I was "normal" and it has been quite a few months, his shock at my lack of normalcy should be gone by now. I guess it goes along the same lines as G saying, "I can't believe you just said that." I mean, after almost 2 years, it should be accepted that one never knows what odd/shocking phrases will come out of my mouth. :)

My mom is used to it, though she can be just as bad. She will say something totally whacked out and nearly fall over laughing at herself, it is quite funny to see. There was the time she and I thought of about 50 nicknames (like Biminy-Cricket and Kimbo-Bimbo) for my sister and wrote them on her brown lunch bag. Kim wasn't happy and threw it out, but Mom and I still laugh about it today. There was also the time we put our "sloppy-joe" or Manwich mix into tortilla wraps and she called them "Sloppy Joses". The tears were streaming down both our faces laughing over that one. I will never forget the night she was in a bad mood, so I got my cassette of Tina Turner's "What's Love Got to Do With It" album and went into her bedroom to perform my rendition of what a TT concert would be....the whole tape. Mom sat and watched, slight smirk on her face, and shook her head as I bowed and wandered off to bed. I am not sure who I amused more that night, myself or Mom. G thinks I do and say crazy things to make myself laugh, but really it comes natural and cracking myself up is just a bonus.

The "you're a freak" looks from people used to stifle me, but I am now happy to say that I am a freak, a dork, a goof, and I am ok with that. :)

1 Comments:

  • At 10:11 PM, Blogger Ryann said…

    my family is weird like that too.. it's genetic.

    ... I inherited it.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home