Pita Thoughts

The scattered thoughts of a mind trying to remain open is a seemingly closed world.

Tuesday, January 17, 2006

One more....

My pal Nicky decided to remind me that this is my last year in my 20s, I am turning 29 on Friday. The whole last year in the twenties concept hadn't quite occurred to me until good ole Nicky had to point it out and now I am kind of bummed out. When I turned 25 I thought....quarter of a century old....ouch! But now no more twenty-something. I always thought of 20s as still young, still a kid.....so one more year of being a "girl". I best make the most of it, because if I have to be a mature adult by the time I am 30, there aren't enough months in one year!

Did you ever notice that the older you get, the more people ask you how it feels or if you are upset about it? When the question comes from younger people, it is just their way of ragging on you and making themselves feel better about being younger, but when it comes from the older friends, then it stings. "Oh wow, 29 huh? I hated turning 29...and then 30, damn...well, actually 40 will be worse." Geez, thanks for the comforting thoughts, now I can really look forward to my birthday. :(

Birthdays should be for the moms, I think. January 20th is the day I decided I had had enough of being a parasite and knocked on my Mom's cervix asking, no wait...demanding to be let out. (By the way, the "parasite" phrase came from my Mom, who stated, that is exactly what babies are while in the womb...she loves me so. hee hee). I was then kind enough to cause a flash flood and some major pain, all before deciding to scare Mom by keeping my yap shut upon birth and being completely yellow. After all that excitement, I guess I had nothing to say. Besides, I am an observer, so I was most likely attempting to take in the sites and figure out what the hell was going on. Poor Mom, she thought for sure I was dead, but after that bozo doctor slapped my adorable tookus, out came a screech and here I was, in all my glory. Sometimes I would like to go back in....much easier to just "float" while in the uterus. Not a care in the world, now those were the days. But anyway, as I was saying....after 9 months of carrying me around and then having to dismember her lower half by popping my big old head through, I think my Mom deserves the cake and icecream each year. I will of course have a slice, continue to whine about being old, and expect atleast one good gift. :)

2 Comments:

  • At 2:44 PM, Blogger Ryann said…

    happy birthday.

    I got yelled at when I refered to babies as "paracites"

    BUT THEY ARE!!!

     
  • At 2:45 PM, Blogger Ryann said…

    make that "parasite"

    not that babies can spell better than me :P

     

Post a Comment

<< Home