Pita Thoughts

The scattered thoughts of a mind trying to remain open is a seemingly closed world.

Thursday, January 12, 2006

Dumbasses.......

This is one of my new favorite words, probably from watching That 70s Show every night while on my treadmill. Red Forman must say that word 20x in one episode. :) So many people I come across each day seem to fit this description. KC sent me one of those cute little friendship emails, "as I've matured, I learned....... that no matter how much I care, some people are just jackasses." Of all the quotes in this email, this one struck me the most. Why is this statement so true?

Now, before anyone I know reads this blog and gets insulted, this is a general statement about people. I know not everyone falls into this category, but it appears to me, more do than seems fair. I am not always the nicest person, but I do try not to hurt or upset anyone else in my travels through life. Like the old saying goes, "do unto others as you would have done to you." So, as I drive around, I try to let people go who need to pull in or out of a parking lot or street, at work I try to do my job to the best of my ability without bothering anyone around me and at home I just want to do my own thing and be left alone. The trouble is, the same person I would have let out of a side street 3 miles back, will slow down to an almost stop, no turn signal, and take a left, while having his or her vehicle in the middle of the road, so the line of traffic behind them can not pass by. At work, no matter how much work I do, there is the chatter behind my back that I do not do anything and barely work because I leave at 3:30pm. At home, I know my family discusses me when I am not around, they make comments about what I MIGHT be doing with my time away from home. Guess what...it's none of your business! :P

I think people can't adhere to the "do unto others" concept because they are consumed with hypocrisy. We all want others to be kind and respectful to us, but if it takes a bit of time or patience to do the same to someone else, it is not worth it. People are nuts, too many loose screws out there, too many lost marbles rolling about. How about each of us help out, maybe get the philips out and tighten someone's unreachable screw or return a marble to it's owner? Just a thought......

2 Comments:

  • At 8:45 PM, Blogger Gadzie said…

    Hypocrisy is taught to us as children from our own parents. It is a very difficult habit to break once taught properly. Its not generally taught as a lesson or course, but as life churns.

     
  • At 8:47 PM, Blogger Gadzie said…

    Oh and a few of my more favorite lines.. "Few fries short of a happy meal!" or "1/2 sandwich short of a picnic basket." Nucking Futs works well too!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home