Pita Thoughts

The scattered thoughts of a mind trying to remain open is a seemingly closed world.

Monday, January 30, 2006

Blogged Down………

I have more to blog about that I can even fathom at the moment. I contemplated writing more than one blog…one topic at a time, but I figure condensing them all into one monster blog will suit my needs just fine.

So, let’s see, where to start…. I haven’t blogged in a bit, been quite busy at work (which seems to be my preferred time to write). Actually, I was close to deciding to not write my blogs any longer. I find that my friends read them and assume I am writing about that one person and feelings are hurt. I write for my general benefit. My writings are not about one person, each entry is really about me. One of my friends suggested a private journal, but I write on “Blogger” so as to get feedback from both my friends, and from people I otherwise would not know. I want to learn, not only about myself, but about other people and how they think. I do not mean, nor desire to upset anyone. I need to write, therefore I will continue. For anyone who is taken aback, or personally offended by my writings, I am wholeheartedly sorry and can only say that I love my friends and if I gave someone the link to read my blog, then that person is important to me and I value him or her very much.

I was not a happy camper last week at work, one of my co-workers tried to trick me into doing something that I was taught is totally wrong and I was bullshit. I left corporate for many reasons, one of which was to get away from the lying sales force with which I had to deal. I promised the group I left that I would not become one of those customer service reps who lies to them to get waste approved for shipment for the lowest cost possible, even if it was dangerous or illegal. I won’t do it, money isn’t that important to me. I am determined never to make my work about the “mighty dollar”. My integrity must remain intact. My co-worker apologized for trying to railroad me, but I am now on guard and that is not good for our relationship.

My Mom sent me an email that blasted me out of the water last week. She implied that my sister would most likely be moving back home, and will be bringing her dog and cat. The mere thought of such an event throws my mind into a tailspin. Not only do I have a very hard time dealing with my sister because of her emotional issues and her extensive selfish ways of being, but her dog drives me insane and no way do I want another cat in the house. I love animals, but I can not pet Claudia without her urinating on my carpeting and my two dogs, who are both over 10yrs, dislike this annoying animal immensely and I fear Kayla may deem it necessary to cause severe harm to said cockapoo (cocker spaniel/poodle cross). My cat is 16 yrs old, and not the nicest old man in town, so bringing a kitten into his life will not go over well. I do not want my animals upset anymore than I want my Mother or myself upset. The intense disruption to all our lives that will come to being if my sister returns home is incomprehensible. I love my Mom, I understand why she can not turn my sister away, but where are the guidelines, the rules, the recognition of the other living beings in the house? My sister will come home in a severely distraught mental state because of her “piece of shit” boyfriend, she will be broke and have no job and will refuse to contribute to the costs of living in our home. Like I told my cousin, I feel like I am up the ole creek, not only without my paddles, but the boat has sprung a leak. I will need the patience of the Buddha on sedatives to deal with this latest drama.

On a more positive note, in order to further my latest “monetary diet”, I sold my truck. and bought a Toyota Matrix. I loved my truck, first new vehicle I ever owned, but the gas alone was draining my bank account faster then a Thoroughbred drains it’s bladder after a long race. I have now joined the ranks of not only car owners, but….dare I say it…..station wagon owners! As much as I tried to deny the fact that my little car is a station wagon, it is a fact that I must get used to and enjoy. I will be able to fit plenty of my horse supplies in the back of this car, it has AMAZING storage capacity. It also has a sporty side with the sunroof, 6-cd changer and funky chrome trim inside. I was looking to buy a more sporty car, the Scion TC, but as was pointed out to me, the gas mileage would not have increased by much and I would be just as broke, but be cruisin’ around in a cool ride. :) A car salesman almost pressured me into the TC, but I was uncomfortable and after being asked over and over again if I would commit to buy, I said I wasn’t sure and that was that, so I left. I hate being pressured, the more I am pushed, the less apt I am to act. So, I no longer drive my beefy truck, nor do I have the “zoom zoom” of a race car, but I have my gas mileage and my storage, so I am happy.

There are just some of the latest "issues" that are nibbling at my brain. I wonder, maybe my bit of senility that drives people nuts is simply due to the surplus of prospective writings in my head. I think I need a secretary up there taking shorthand and filing all this junk for later review, thereby leaving space for all the minute details of life I seem to let slide into the abyss of forgetfulness.

3 Comments:

  • At 3:42 PM, Blogger Ryann said…

    I like your blog. I enjoy reading it.

    I have also had the "why don't you just keep a diary" question.

    I've kept a private journal for years, but blogging I find actually is a release. I like feeling heard, or throwing my thoughts into the cyber nothing. I also write better in a blog than I do in my diary.

     
  • At 3:56 PM, Blogger zozosma said…

    i never thought you werer writing about me...how vain...

    were you? ;)

    glad to hear you've got a ride that won't suck the bills out of your bank account, can't wait to see it some day.

    by the way, am i wrong in thinking that you bought this house w/ your mom and therefore you get a say in who can or cannot come move in?? just curious. i know she's your sister, but you have valid reasons for not wanting her moving in. and if she does, there should be some consultation w/ you and guidelines, like you say, about what she will contribute and how long she can stay and whatnot.

    it's just insanity. i'm telling you woman, you need to move somewhere further away for the sake of sanity. i can think of many places :)

     
  • At 8:14 AM, Blogger Cairde said…

    Of course I was writing about you Ames....you are a pain in my ass. :P

    I think moving may be in my cards! Have a good trip and enjoy a heavily alcoholic beverage on the beach for me will ya!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home