Pita Thoughts

The scattered thoughts of a mind trying to remain open is a seemingly closed world.

Sunday, January 15, 2006

A need for love....

I was talking to someone briefly tonight about the "importance" of love in a human's life. He said it is not an integral part of human life, and seems to believe it is just a side bar with no real benefit to one's existence. (As we didn't finish the conversation, I can not say for sure.) I disagree. Humans are meant to love. How many songs can you name that are NOT about loving someone or losing someone? I do not know anyone who can really control their heart enough to push love aside and go through life considering it a side note. There are so many other issues in human life that consume our minds, but I think the point of having loved ones around us is to reign in the insanity. It is important to have people who will look at you and say "it will be ok, because I am still here." The trouble is having the control to push our own "insanity" aside and just be there, sometimes it is so hard. Humans are stubborn and selfish, but some of us do try. I think I have to try harder.

"The human heart feels things the eyes cannot see, and knows what the mind cannot understand." - Robert Vallett

When times are hard, my mind flashes back to memories like racing through a parking lot in the pouring rain, having a snowball tossed into my car and amazingly landing down my shirt, laughing hysterically about a fart which nearly caused us to pull over the car, shopping for a dress that was acceptable for a girl who feels naked in dresses (and still has yet to wear), and shoes being tossed down a flight of stairs. I remember times when I smiled so much it hurt. I think one's heart is responsible for shining the light on those thoughts, darkening the negative ones. When I am upset with someone, I try to force myself to remember "bad times," but in the end my heart always wins over my mind and I smile at the richest times in life, times with someone I love.

2 Comments:

  • At 3:26 AM, Blogger Ryann said…

    as cynical and jaded as I am...



    ... love is still worth it.

     
  • At 2:01 PM, Blogger BluesCityRef said…

    you're exactly right. i was a musician for many years and one of my wise teachers once told me "there are only two types of songs".

    love songs and pirate songs.

    it's amazing when you take time to think about it... he was 100% correct.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home