Pita Thoughts

The scattered thoughts of a mind trying to remain open is a seemingly closed world.

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

And ya wonder where I get it from......................

It's official, my Mom is cracked! She has had me in tears the past two days with the ridiculous stories from work. You would have to know my Mom, who at first glance appears very stoic, serious, not a real jokester. But in reality, she is a loon, and I think is crazier than I am!

Last night I am on the treadmill bugging her to shut off her stupid political shows so I can watch That 70s Show, when she turns down the volume. I turned to look at her and she is practically in tears thinking of what she needs to tell me. Mom goes on to explain how she got a call from a woman today trying to figure out exactly which government agency would be best to deal with her issue. (Mom works for the Dept of Labor's Occupational Safety and Health Admin......or OSHA for short.....a phrase not many companies like to hear). Anyway, this woman didn't want to give details on the issue, so Mom went through her battery of questions; is this a work safety complaint, is this a case of discriminatory firing, trouble with wages, maybe Wage & Hour could help? So after all this, Mom tells the woman she really can not direct her to the correct agency without knowing the problem. The issue at hand.....this woman has a son, whose boss deems it acceptable to refer to said boy as a "Fuck-face". Now, how my Mom kept her shit together and didn't burst our laughing at this call, I don't know. I would have dropped the phone in hysterics. So, not knowing how to handle this one, Mom suggested the woman call The Attorney General's office, another part of the story she was dying over, since she sends all the loony callers to the AG's office. She says they must hate her...and she is ok with that. ROFL.

Today I get an email from Mom in which she tells me she did not have a comb at work and had to comb her hair with.....and I still can't believe her.......a plastic fork! I nearly fell off my chair picturing MY MOM running a cheapo plastic fork through her hair in attempts to tame the flyaways. Mom, of course, has short hair, so I guess it could work. Try that with my hair and a crate of plastic forks wouldn't help. I replied to this odd email...."who are you, Wilma Flintstone?" Wow, my mom...I am so proud.

Along with the fork email, came the story of one of her co-workers introducing her to a very nice oriental woman. Now though that occurrance in itself would not seem odd, the part which caused my Mom again to have to stiffle her laughter was the fact that this man introduced the Oriental woman as a member of an Irish Alliance.....and this "so cute little oriental woman" had the "most adorable thick irish accent." I missed the "oriental" part at first and wondered why Mom found this introduction odd, so she replied..."The point is that she looks Chinese and speaks with an Irish accent. Get it?" Sometimes I wonder about her.........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home