Pita Thoughts

The scattered thoughts of a mind trying to remain open is a seemingly closed world.

Thursday, December 22, 2005

FA LA LA LA LA………….

Ok, so I was told I better get into the holiday spirit or I am going to get a kick in the ass. I am trying, I listened to some Christmas music for about 5 minutes this morning and I opened a present from my boss. HAAA, not good enough? It certainly is not working. Maybe once I start decorating or cooking, it will hit me. I just have too much to do at the moment, from work at the barn to finding gifts because those I ordered online have not arrived in the mail yet. I could use some days off to get my normal life done, never mind the holiday activities.

Christmas Eve I am planning on doing some cooking. I have to go to the mall in the morning to see the eye doctor, so my mood is going to be somewhat questionable depending on how many people try to run me off the road on the way there and how many body check me while running through the mall trying to get that last minute deal. I am not a fan of the mall, especially during the holidays. People are beyond rude this time of year, it always amazes me. But I digress, back to the thought of cooking. I like cooking, but I have to be in the mood. I am hoping the mood strikes me Saturday night. I figure, break open a bottle of champagne and start mixing my gingerbread cookie dough and a Christmas ditty will pop into my head and I will be singing away. Maybe……could happen………….Hey, you never know!

I know what my remedy will be for the current “blahs” I have…..a good laugh. I love laughing. I was laughing pretty hard last night at a silly link someone sent me via email. It does not take much to make me giggle, I can be quite silly. I try to surround myself with people who make me laugh, but with recent events, it has been hard. No one wants to laugh around the time of a funeral. I will never forget that scene in the movie Steel Magnolias, when the ladies are at the funeral and they start laughing about something one of them said. That has to be one of the funniest scenes, after just making the audience cry a few minutes beforehand. Somehow I feel guilty having fun after a tragedy, but I know that those individuals who are lost would not want their loved ones to remain unhappy. I have some great people in my life and I would like to celebrate with them, I would like to celebrate having these people around me.
It is time to drive around and look at all the Christmas lights, to watch all the Christmas movies and to laugh at all the craziness, which is involved with the holiday season. Happy Holidays to everyone, may 2006 be a fantastic year for us all.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:10 PM, Blogger zozosma said…

    i'm thinking of making a visit to Deniseypoo's on saturday...if not, maybe monday or tuesday...let's see if we can get you there w/ us

     

Post a Comment

<< Home