Pita Thoughts

The scattered thoughts of a mind trying to remain open is a seemingly closed world.

Sunday, December 18, 2005

One week left............

No time, no time!! Christmas has once again seemingly snuck up on me.. I know, it comes at the same time each year, but still....time flew this year. I was just attempting to write out Christmas cards, I hate that. I don't know what to write, especially to people I never really talk to. "Hi, hope you have a great holiday. Been great NOT hearing from you." Why do I feel obligated to send everyone a card? Though, I will admit, half of the cards I write will never be mailed out. I guess it just appeases my sense of holiday guilt for the day.

I almost bought a Christmas tree today. I have been resisting, but found the cutest 2ft tall tree. I didn't get it though, no room in the truck. Mom does not want a tree, even if she is the one buying all the damn gifts. What will she put them under???...the giant aloe plant that is taking over our living room? Part of me is resisting the old traditions of Christmas, but the other part of me wants to trim the tree, sing Christmas tunes, bake cookies. ARRRGGGHH, I am scaring myself. Martha Stewart, I am not. I don't have time for this holiday, too much to do and too little money with which to do it. The few gifts I wanted to buy I have bought through eBay...of course whether they will arrive in time is another question. I decided to tell people, it's not the date that matters, but the sentiment. HA! I am full of it, but always late with gifts, so people should be used to it.

I am ranting about Christmas because the other thoughts which are screaming through my mind at warp speed are too jumbled to discuss at the moment. My mind is far too busy (as usual) and whining about my dislike of the holidays is my way of grabbing one thought and stretching it around the others to quiet them, if even for a moment. I am tired, I want to stay in my robe and watch tv for at least three days, not dealing with anything. Can I please? Of course not, I have to face reality and be a good little member of society. I still would prefer to be antisocial and cranky for a few days. I guess a few hours at night will have to be sufficient.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home