Pita Thoughts

The scattered thoughts of a mind trying to remain open is a seemingly closed world.

Friday, November 03, 2006

Book Club Continues

My second dinner with the book club was another fantastically amusing evening. The ladies in our group are a hoot and we laugh all night long. There were a few complaints about the gruesome aspects of "Life of Pi", but we had a very interesting conversation on the novel. Two of the ladies believed it was a true story, which was an interesting thought in itself. I was struck by what each of us took away from the same story. I was absorbed in the aspects of the animal behavior compared to what the human expected of the animals. Each of the woman had a different aspect of the story that stuck with them.

Our next choice for reading is "Practical Intuition" by Laura Day. I have no idea what this novel will entail, but so far our choices have been fun and intriguing, so I can not wait to start. I also can not wait until the dinner. There is nothing like six outgoing, openminded and somewhat quirky women getting together with some good wine and delicious food.

The rest of my week has been so-so. The cold weather is tough on me. My back and legs have been very sore, making my morning workout very difficult, if it happened at all. This was also a billing close week at work, so the tension level was through the roof in the office. No one who had anything to do with billing was getting along. The field workers would walk in, hear us arguing, and walk right back out again. They are no fools. I am glad the week is over. I was at the end of my rope today.

I am excited that I got in touch with a friend tonight whom I have not spoken too in many years. I happen to be online and see her on AIM. We have so much catching up to do, so I have another dinner to which to look forward. I also have had some positive feedback from another person in my life, so looking forward to where that incident may lead.

It is time to think positive and enjoy those who enjoy me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home