Pita Thoughts

The scattered thoughts of a mind trying to remain open is a seemingly closed world.

Saturday, September 09, 2006

Suggestions Anyone?

I have found myself part of a book club. A friend invited me to read "The Celestine Prophecy" and come to a dinner to discuss the content. I met with four other women and we had a fantastic conversation, both about ourselves and the novel. It was a very enjoyable experience to hear the ideas of these women, two of them I had never before met. I am looking forward to meeting with them again, but I am responsible for choosing the next book...and I have no idea!

So, if anyone has a suggestion for something stimulating enough to read in one month, that we could discuss, please share your ideas. My friend Retta is flying in today to stay the week with me, so I am hoping she will have some ideas. I do not normally have much time for reading, so nothing is going to come to me anytime soon.

On a side note, I am so glad Retta is going to be here today. I could use a good friend to talk to about a lot of things. She is a great listener and has been there for me through a lot of bullshit in my life. I am hoping together, she and I can heal from our pasts and move on fully energized and ready to meet the the world with renewed enthusiasm.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home