Pita Thoughts

The scattered thoughts of a mind trying to remain open is a seemingly closed world.

Saturday, July 01, 2006

Old Friends

I went out last night with some people I had not seen in a long time. It was good to be able to sit down and reminisce, but still feel comfortable. We had a great time chatting about all the crazy happenings in our lives (though I will say, their family is way more interesting than mine).

There was a band at the club, The World Premier Band. They were great, playing all sorts of hiphop, reggae, dance and funk music. One of the guys, Jiggy, was an amazing dancer. T and I swore he was a relative of Gumby. We also met a man named Dollar Bill. I have no idea where that nickname came from, but he was a great guy. He is good friends with the band and was raving about Jiggy and the boys. He pulled T and I on the dance floor and we had a fantastic time dancing with him. I must say, Black men can really dance and it was great to be socomfortable with someone I just met, but Dollar Bill was one of those kind-hearted people one could not help but like.

It was a great night. We laughed a lot. I miss my friends, hoping we can do it again really soon.

1 Comments:

  • At 6:37 PM, Blogger Gadzie said…

    Glad to hear ya had a good time. Last time I went dancing I think someone mistook me for a scarecrow. Girls just need music to dance and Guys need Tequila!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home