Pita Thoughts

The scattered thoughts of a mind trying to remain open is a seemingly closed world.

Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Click

I got hung up on this morning. Though I have always found that action disrespectful and rude, sometimes it's the only way to end a ridiculous phone conversation. I am not quite sure how or why the argument began. I did what I normally do (not on purpose, I might add) and I misused computer terminology. I am a scientist, give me a chemical name and I will get you an MSDS and tell you all about it. I can use a computer, but as far as speaking with proper technical terms, I am sorry...not happening. I do want to learn, I want to understand, but the manner in which I am taught can not leave me feeling demeaned. I have been sitting and wondering if I was in the wrong. I guess getting annoyed at being "preached" at for not knowing what I am talking about was wrong. I could have just listened or maybe hung up myself, but I attempted to explain myself and let my stubborn anger take over. I thought about whether I would get my nostrils all flared up if someone mis-spoke about horses or about some scientific topic...and franky, no I wouldn't. As long as the basic idea gets through, I am not going to nitpick about it. I was actually bitched at by someone from my past who has nothing to do with horses for calling my horse a pony. It's just something we do....seems to make them seem not so big and powerful when horse owners call even the biggest Thoroughbred in the barn a pony. You know I am referring to a large four-legged mammal that whinnies and shits a lot, right?

I guess some people are just extremely particular about their interests. I can not be. I have so many interests and so many things I need to concentrate on, I can't grasp onto one word or phrase and tear it apart, correctly even the slightest grammar error. I will say, the issue I mentioned which sparked said "argument" is resolved. I figured it out, admittedly using a bit of the thoughts angrily expressed to me this morning. I do listen, I just don't like to have every fact overzealously announced to me. Oh well, shit happens, egos take over and arguments ensue. I turned it into a positive and fixed the issue. So, all said and done....time to move on. It is all about learning, right?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home