Pita Thoughts

The scattered thoughts of a mind trying to remain open is a seemingly closed world.

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Nature Walk?

10AM on a Saturday morning and thankfully, though I woke up later than I wanted, I did get some important errands done. The oil is changed in my car. I had an 8am appointment at the Toyota dealer, and knowing it would be a bit, I decided to go for a walk. As I strolled down a newly build road into an "industrial park", I was impressed at how well the roadway was landscaped, almost hiding the fact that it leads to office building after office building and a bunch of large warehouses. I caught myself thinking what a nice looking area this was, when I remembered what was there, a forest....Nature. It is too bad we lose so much woodlands. I was walking in a park last weekend, and on a stone bench was a quote about the calming, peaceful nature of the wood. I can not recall the exact quote, but it was a lovely reminder. Continuing on my walk, I thought that the landscapers should have planted fruit trees, add to the attempt to make this "park" as welcoming as possible, and I came upon crabapple trees. I am glad they had thought of it, nice to see some variation.

Speaking of crabapples, I swear the horse-fly that appeared each time I decided to shorten my stride and stroll slowly along, was in alliance with my Cranky Chiropractor. As this annoying insect buzzed past my ear, chasing me down the road, I could hear Dr. Groucho singing his little ditty about my lack of an ass. He has not seen me lately, my toosh and back are better (as long as I do not stress and throw it out of alignment). You know, he didn't have much of an ass either. I guess he makes up for lacking in his backside by being a total Ass instead. Oh well, he did help me by motivating me to work (pardon the expression) my ass off to get stronger in my lower back. I still need to get on my treadmill this morning, but it is already almost 90F outside with enough humidity to make the skyline frighteningly hazy. The heat was one of the reasons I did not want to hustle on my walk, as I was wearing jeans because my oversleeping caused me to not have time to shave my legs this morning. No one needs to see that. Haaa.

Anyway, I have a lot of things to do today. I am helping someone find a horse for a friend and possibly sell a horse. I do love looking at different horses, and especially when I am not the one who will be spending the money. These people have limited funds to spend, so it makes it all the more challenging to find something for little or no money that does not have one or two hooves in the grave. Time to attempt that 3 mile run and get ready for the rest of my day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home