Pita Thoughts

The scattered thoughts of a mind trying to remain open is a seemingly closed world.

Sunday, July 02, 2006

A Cool Breeze

I attempted to post earlier this evening on my weekend, but the sweltering heat got the better of me and I decided to shut down the overheated computer and head out for a bike ride. I was right, in that a nice, quiet ride was just what I needed at the end of this day. Having far too much on my mind today, I decided to not ride my horse, so lacking in some evening exercise was an upset to me. There is a nice calm, cooling breeze out tonight and it felt great gliding through streets lined with open fields and/or lovely homes. I love this town, there are so many roads I have yet to travel and it's a new adventure each time I go out. I could not go too far tonight, as I have nothing reflective to wear and it is getting dark. I am guessing I rode about 8 miles tonight.

The highlight of my ride was the insanely beautiful sunset. I am angry with myself that I did not have my camera. I normally carry my camera on my rides for this very reason, but tonight, figuring it would be a quick ride, I left it at home. As I rode up a hill with cranberry bogs on both sides, the sunset was overwhelming. Pinks and blues pervaded the skyline, Nature truely is amazing.

The weekend so far has had it's ups and downs. Mom and I are not getting along like I would have liked, but I have gone out with friends for two nights and had a wonderful time. Ka and I went to dinner and had a really great conversation last night. She is an amazing friend and though we live far apart, it feels like we know each other so well. I am honored to have her in my life. She is moving back to Massachusetts soon though and I am very excited to have her near. Though, I am somewhat sad that I will have no one to visit in the beautiful town of Freeport, Maine after July. I might just have to sneak up there and help her pack......and while I am there, might as well enjoy some lobster and Maine beaches. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home