Pita Thoughts

The scattered thoughts of a mind trying to remain open is a seemingly closed world.

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Off I went...

I kept pretty busy today. Ran errands in the morning after exercising, then went over to the barn. There was far more activity at the stable than I normally like, but I guess I have to get used to it as the warmer weather comes. I was able to get on my horse for a quick ride today. It wasn't the best day, high winds and chilly air, but she was good. I will not say we were superstars, but it was a start.


I went to the beach today. The cold wind kept me from staying long, but it was nice to go back there. I sat for a bit watching the waves, but decided once my toes matched the blue nailpolish I had painted on earlier, it was time to move along. I have many fond memories of this particular place. Not much has changed...except for the huge condo they built at the end of the area I liked to walk. Oh well, tis the times....

Despite any construction, I miss this place. I miss the sound of the gulls, watching others as they walk along either with a human companion or a dog. Soon, this area will be filled with people, and not nearly so peaceful, but I will still return. The drive alone was nice. I enjoy going for a long drive on a sunny day. On the way, I drove a route I knew well. For my drive home, I decided to traverse a new path, see where I would come out. I did get a bit lost, but eventually found my way. I actually would have preferred to have been lost a bit longer, as the scenery was nothing to cringe at; lovely houses, parks, farms. So much to point out and admire....Though it is best for me to be alone at the moment, one can not help but wish there was someone in the car or on the beach with whom to discuss what is seen. Someday...when I am ready.

For those who have never had the pleasure, I decided to take a picture of the "Mayflower" replica which is docked in Plymouth Harbor. I would have taken a picture of the legendary Plymouth Rock, but there was a young man standing on the rock (illegally, I might add), so I decided to move on. It's a big rock with a date carved into it....you aren't missing much there.

1 Comments:

  • At 2:35 PM, Blogger zozosma said…

    well...it's more symbolic than anything seeing as how it's not an original rock but still, he shouldn't have been standing on it. it's roped off isn't it? it was when we were there. it's more of a bump going on a pebble now isn't it?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home