Pita Thoughts

The scattered thoughts of a mind trying to remain open is a seemingly closed world.

Sunday, April 30, 2006

4 Hours Later

My ass is killing me! Get your minds out of the gutter...I went for a bike ride. All I can say is, thank goodness for my extra Power Bar and for the little voice in my head telling me to always bring money when I go on my bike rides. I tend to go too far, but this time was a doozy. Don't get me wrong, I saw a lot, enjoyed a nice day and had some time to think.

I was supposed to spend the day with a friend of mine, who will probably read that I went bike riding and think I am a big fat liar....but I did wake up very sore today, as I have a lot recently. I could barely sit and the thought of driving was making me cringe. It is best that I did not go out anyway. I was able to take some much needed time to clean my room (though I broke something I treasured.) The bike ride was necessary, despite my back pain, because my mood was less than friendly and I needed to get away from everyone.

Leaving for these treks, I never have a route in mind, I just go. Most likely why I am constantly lost and exhausted when I finally make it home. Today, I rode into Carver, Ma. I have never gone into the center of Carver and figured it might be interesting. After stopping for a much needed water and snacking on my Power Bar, I headed down Rt58, following the signs for Edaville Railroad. I have never seen this famous railroad, so I figured I would check it out. How was it? Deserted! Edaville doesn't open until June. It was somewhat creepy, like in an old Scooby Doo episode when the gang is investigating an abandoned amusement park. My active, wimpy imagination intact, I decided to high-tail it out of there.

Instead of continuing down the original course I had chosen, I took a right. I am glad I did, for I found a lovely Arabian Horse farm. Of course, I can not remember the name of it, but I took some shots of the beautiful horses. One of them, a grey mare, was quite the spitfire and put on a little show for me, trotting and cantering about, tail high in the air.


Further down the road, I ran into these lovelies....an Alpaca Farm! Not something one will see everyday in Eastern Massachusetts. What a hoot to watch these large balls of wool wander about. They do not appear to be the friendliest of creatures, but I figured I was pretty safe (on the other side of a 6ft fence).



As I attempted to figure out the best way home, without adding 2 more hours onto my ride, I found my way to Rt 28, a place I knew well. Needing a rest, I decided to stop at the Angel View Pet Cemetary. It is a very lovely place, but I had never gone inside. As I walked around, looking at the stones of all the beloved animals who have passed away, I began to cry. As silly as it may sound, looking at all the great pictures and the kind words people had to say about their pets, I could not help but feel for them. The pain of loss of a cherished pet is something one never forgets. It was heartwarming to know so many people are that devoted to their animals.

So, here I sit, just about 4 hours after my ride began, a bit too tired to go ride my horse, as previously planned, but happy to have enjoyed this day. I decided to treat myself to the last two scoops of mango sorbet and a cup of tea, and now it is time to rest. Today was a good day.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home