Pita Thoughts

The scattered thoughts of a mind trying to remain open is a seemingly closed world.

Friday, February 10, 2006

June Cleaver would cringe............

And so continues the saga that is My Mom. I was feeling a bit down today when I got home, so I wanted to walk the dogs. They usually do something goofy to make me smile. I waited for Mom to get home, figuring she would want to join us. Well, I was wrong. She bitched, pissed, moaned and groaned about how cold is was, but begrudgingly joined us out of sheer loyalty, not to me, but to her Isis. Isis is her shining light, her pride and joy, her fourth disobedient child. :)

Anyway, once Mom finished whining and bundled up, off we went. We escaped Scrappy (aka Toby) discovering us, but ran into Zion, the boxer who lives at the barn near us. Zion is a nutjob, but good for amusement. As we strolled around the cranberry bogs, I mentioned that I was looking for my massage pillow. Mom got me a small back pillow with those little beads in it that vibrated so as to massage my lower back. I had not seen said pillow since Christmas day when I opened my gift. As I said I would like the bring it to work so as to make my chair more comfortable, Mom turned and looked at me as if she had made chicken cattiatore out of the parakeet I had as a kid. She then started to laugh, that nervous, yet wicked laugh she does when she knows she did something devious. I figured she was going to tell me that she brought the pillow to work for her own comfort, which would have been fine with me....BUT NO. She said, "I returned it." She brought it back, my Christmas gift, without saying one word about it to me. I wondered where it had disappeared to the day after Christmas, but with the busy time of the holidays, I figured I would find it later. Mom apparently decided that she did not like it and it did not work very well, so she was bringing it back. She then informed me she bought herself a shirt with the refund...."No wait," she says, "I bought a bra with it, yes, that's was it." I could not believe her! As she could not stop her evil laughing, I decided I would meerly pick up my bottom jaw, return my eyeballs back to their sockets and continue on our merry way.

My Mom.....does she take the cake or what? Actually if she doesn't take my cake to eat it, she will probably throw it out! Oye!

3 Comments:

  • At 7:08 PM, Blogger Ryann said…

    wow... that's so no right it's hilarious.

    and I thought my mom was odd... (she is, but I love her)

     
  • At 10:35 PM, Blogger Cairde said…

    Yeah, she gets odder by the day....not that I can talk. :)

     
  • At 4:00 PM, Blogger zozosma said…

    i can't believe that.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home