Pita Thoughts

The scattered thoughts of a mind trying to remain open is a seemingly closed world.

Wednesday, November 30, 2005

The trouble with toilet paper.............

Here I am again, alone in the office and for the umpteenth time, in trouble for not answering the phone when it rang. Well, like I told my boss, I had to pee (I am not a robot) and was having technical difficulties with a new roll of toilet paper, so after shredding the first few plys, I was finally able to get a sufficient amount for my needs. Rather than leave the little shreds on the bathroom floor, I took the time to pick them up....which apparently is when the phone rang. Big tragedy, they had to call back. Ah well, my bladder takes precedence over the phone...hence the creation of VOICE MAIL!

It is about 9:30am and though I know there are things I could/should be doing, I just do not feel like focusing on actual work. I am not sure what I would rather be doing, except lying in bed watching reruns of old sitcoms, while listening to my dogs snore. It is pouring rain out and I am dreading getting out of work and having to shovel out my horse's stall, which is most likely flooded by now. Why do I have horses? Because it is so much fun and so rewarding of course......isn't it? Sometimes it is, sometimes it isn't....same as most aspects of life.

10:00am, still haven't finished my blog, yapped on the phone for a bit and made plans for Friday night....working hard as usual. I have a holiday party to attend Saturday night and still have no idea what to bring. I am the person who posted the sign up sheet with what food each of us would bring and I am the only person who has not written anything down. I have no idea, I can't cook, so that's out. Chips, dip, crackers, cheese and salad are taken. I am thinking shrimp cocktail...defrost and serve. :) I am no Martha Stewart. The amazing thing is, my Mom and I are listed as "homemakers" for the town census. Homemakers! Haaa, we are anything but. How many homemakers strain spaghetti on top of their electric stove or burn Kraft macaroni and cheese? It is sad. I told my Mom that the mailman must think we are running a brothel of some sort. We get one or two Victoria Secret catalogs a day and boxes of pills from various herbal companies. Drugs and lingerie, good times! If only my life were so interesting.

Well back to work, or atleast back to responding to my emails.

2 Comments:

  • At 1:54 PM, Blogger zozosma said…

    looking out the window is depressing right now. the prudential is shrouded in fog and i too am NOT looking forward to the long slog home. bleh.

    i want to be home finishing my home theater viewing of the LTR trilogy...SIGH

    i can give you some simple idears on foodstuff if you want to email me

     
  • At 1:10 PM, Blogger Ryann said…

    that's why they invented frozen dinner, microwaves and restaurants

     

Post a Comment

<< Home