Pita Thoughts

The scattered thoughts of a mind trying to remain open is a seemingly closed world.

Thursday, November 24, 2005

Another hurdle....

Isis goes to the vet tomorrow morning. I wish there was some way to explain to her why she must endure something that makes her so afraid. I guess it is better she does not understand. Fear for her is gripping every ounce of my being and I would do anything to keep her safe. I would not want her to know why I am so scared, but she knows that I am. Both the girls know something isn't right, but I can not hide my feelings from them. I am unable to hide my feelings from anyone, most certainly not my animals. They read me like an open book. I remember one day I was very sad (about what, I can't remember), and Tanya, my dog and best friend, came to me and acted like a complete goofball until I smiled. It was so unlike her, she ran at me and jumped around wagging her tail and spinning. I could not help but laugh....and then hug her, for taking the negative feelings I had away for the moment. I think this ability to heal, is why I need my animals. They feel what I feel and they do what they can to lessen any pain. I was blessed to have Tanya in my life for 10 short years. I love her to this day and wish I could hold her again. Isis is a completely different individual, but I love her just as much. I remember the immense physical and mental agony I felt when I found out Tanya had cancer, and then when I lost her. I remember falling to the ground because my heart ached too much to stand. When she died, I swore I would not go through that torment again, but how can I not? I am unable to imagine not having my dogs and the partnership we share. To be corny and quote a line from "Jerry McQuire", "they complete me."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home