Pita Thoughts

The scattered thoughts of a mind trying to remain open is a seemingly closed world.

Friday, October 21, 2005

Money, money, money.......

I played the Powerball this past week, first time buying my own lottery tickets. I couldn't resist, it was worth $340million. I, of course, did not win, but I am left wondering...what if?

What would I do if I won all that money? Good question. I joke that for at least a week I would sit on my couch in silence, check on my lap, just in a daze of sorts, with a look of a "deer in headlights". I would like to think I would not go crazy spending and knowing me, and my ability to worry myself into a frenzy, I probably would not believe it was true at first and not spend much at all. I would fear the lottery commission would come back and say "oops, our bad...we will need the money back!" Can you imagine?!!

I think I would be so torn on what to spend it on frivalously and who to give some too, including charities. I have such a guilty conscience, I would feel bad that I had so much money while others were so broke. I know I can not help everyone, but I would still feel badly.

Ok, now forgetting all the worries and what-not....what to do with my new found fortune... First off, a trip. I can not decide to where, I am thinking Scotland, Australia or Spain. I could pay a kind local to be my tour guide and off I would go. I think 2 weeks would be long enough before I missed home though. I am not too keen on moving at the moment, so I would pay off the mortgage on my current home. I would then offer the people who live behind me a lot of money to buy their property, a nice home and the 16acres that accompany it. I know that is not a lot, but I don't want to make any big moves until I know what I want to do with myself. My dogs are happy, my horse is happy and my Mom would be happy without a mortgage. I would also pay off my truck and school loan. After all that, would have to play it by ear. I know, seems terribly boring, but money doesn't last forever and can disappear very quickly if one is not careful.

If only money really did grow on trees................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home