Pita Thoughts

The scattered thoughts of a mind trying to remain open is a seemingly closed world.

Friday, August 25, 2006

Back to the Bike Path

I wanted to post some more of my pictures from my walk yesterday. I did not walk today, not only was it raining all day, but I was quite busy at work and barely had time to sneak out and grab some lunch.

So, if I avoided being arrested for walking on the tracks.....what would the fine be for taking this piece of history?

It is just a rusted old piece of metal really, but I would love to have it. It is the track switching mechanism, now barely held on by a couple old bolts. Why do I want this seeming "piece of junk"? No idea, it just goes along well with my fascination with train tracks.

I am not interested in the trains, but in the old tracks themselves. They seem to represent my need for exploration, wondering where the path might lead. As for how far these tracks run, if they are the entire bike path, I am not sure. At some point, I will have to come down on a weekend with my bike and camera and explore as far as I can in one full day.

When I am not feeling the desire to walk, I sit at one of the areas of the path at which I can see the water rush one way or the other depending on whether the tide is going in or out. The power of the gravitational pull is amazing to see.





The day I found out Nicky would be taken off life support, I sat on a rock at this area, watching the water rush past. I watched the birds float by, diving for fish as they went along. The work across the canal continued and the tugboats floated by, readying themselves to move the large tankers into the open ocean. Life went on, as much as I wanted to freeze everything around me, or at least slow down time...it passed as usual. It still does, the tides still rise and fall and I still walk the water line, wondering about my friend, wondering about myself.....contemplating my life as it has developed and how I am hoping it will in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home