Pita Thoughts

The scattered thoughts of a mind trying to remain open is a seemingly closed world.

Tuesday, August 15, 2006

CRS

I have a serious case of "can't remember shit" as of late, hence the lack of posts. I had many a blab, I mean blog, written in my head, but work/life seems to get in the way. In the past week I would rather not admit how often I have started toward some destination, only to stop dead in my tracks, spin three times, and have no clue what I was up to or where I was heading. If there were some music in the background, one might think I was inventing my own version of the Electric Slide, but alas, my sad attempts at whistling while I work can hardly be considered music.

I have had a problem as far as music goes, I don't seem to want to listen to any of my cd collection. I have approximately 100 cds at this time, but as I search through my cases, nothing jumps out at me. I have been listening to the same three albums for the past month or longer. One of my new favorite songs is "If Everyone Cared" by Nickelback. As I witness the daily activities of those around me, I am constantly wondering about our civilization and how we got so far and whether it is possible for us to evolve any further without destroying ourselves. Looking at the World today and the insanity which prevails, my hopes for improvement are not high.

Nickelback sings;

"If everyone cared and nobody cried
If everyone loved and nobody lied
If everyone shared and swallowed their pride
We'd see the day when nobody died."

What are the chances of any of that occurring one day, just one of those choices? 50%, 20%, 0.000001%? How does ZERO percent sound? Is this statement pessimism rearing its ugly head again? Maybe, but who can honestly believe that the whole world could actually let go of one's pride, stop lying, care about more than what is directly affecting oneself and share that feeling with others? I hope to see at least 1/4 of the world accomplish this act one day. It might not keep anyone from dying, but it sure would make a lot of us smile. There ain't nothing like the power of positive thinking, eh?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home