Pita Thoughts

The scattered thoughts of a mind trying to remain open is a seemingly closed world.

Saturday, February 25, 2006

And the list grows

I have officially added the employees of Boch Toyota to my list of "asswipes who are wasting my precious oxygen." My question, how did Ernie Boch, Jr become the 15th wealthiest man in Massachusetts while allowing his dealerships to piss off customers to such an extent?

Don't get me wrong, I love my little red Matrix, but since I have bought it, the dealership has been nothing but a bunch of inept dipshits. First off, the dealer was supposed to have me sign a piece of paper allowing them to pay off my trade-in....something I certainly would appreciate. They forgot! Therefore my car payment to the Ford Company was late. Secondly, though I should have noticed when my registration expired (even without something from the registry), the dealer went to change my registration to my new car and accepted an expired registration. Who is dummer, me for not knowing, the registry for printing an expired registration or the dealer for holding onto my registration for a week, telling me it was all set and never noticing it was expired? I happily jaunted over to the dealership and was denied an inspection sticker for my brand new vehicle. Needless to say, I was livid! But none the less, I fixed that little issue and began merrily driving my spiffy new ride. There was still one small problem; the shift lock cover has been taken out of the car (probably by some brat kid who wasn't being watched in the showroom) and I wanted a replacement. This cover is about the size of a nickel and covers a small hole next to my shifter, seeminly insignificant, but as I did purchase a brand new vehicle, I felt it my right to ask for a new one. The dealer told me it would be in the following Tuesday after my initial sticker disaster, but of course, it wasn't. I then got a card stating my part had arrived and I could pick it up. They wanted me to make an appointment, but as it is only a small tab to be popped in, I found the thought of making an appointment and wasting a trained mechanics time to be silly.

I had a limited amount of time (according to my order status card) to go pick up my part, so I decided to go today. (Little did I know how popular these little Toyota parts were, that it could get snatched up by another customer.) As it was snowing, I got to enjoy the hour drive dealing with New Englanders who amazing forget how to drive each time a snow flake hits their car. I ignored the imbiciles on the road by rocking along to Melissa Ethridge and Audioslave in my CD player. I like to mix it up. When I arrived at the parts department, the man behind the desk proceeded to tell me that as this is a warranty item, I had to have it installed by one of their technicians or pay for it. The price for the little part, $20. I think not! Seeing the stupified look on my face at the idea of having to come back when I had an appointment, this gentleman brought me into the service department and asked if they could take me today without an appointment. Walter said, "sure, we aren't busy." Thinking I would simply wait 5 minutes for them to pop in my tab, I wandered into the waiting area to joyously listen to a baby scream at the top of his lungs. Did I wait 5....10...15 mins? No, I waited over an hour. I thought they MUST be washing my brand new car for me, otherwise how could this small procedure take so long. Finally Walter came out and called my name, yet he had no keys in his hand. With a dumbfounded look on my face, I walked over to Walter only to have him say, "Ma'am, I am very sorry, but after taking your shifter apart, my mechanic realized we had ordered you the wrong part." I believe my blood temperature must have far surpassed the boiling point of human blood at this moment and I was sure there must have been puffs of smoke coming out from under my hat. I responded, "WHAT? I am missing a tiny tab to cover my shift lock, I drove an hour out here. Tell me again, what is the issue?" Walter, sensing danger responds, "again, I am extrememly sorry, but they ordered you the actual shift lock and I simply told the mechanic to install what I handed him and he realized once the shift column was apart. We do not have your needed part in stock and will have to order it." My response, "This fucking sucks!" Walter wandered off mumbling something about getting my car pulled around to the front. I stood in the waiting area in complete awe at the fact that once again, this dealership has far surpassed the realm of complete idiots. I decided then that I have had enough. I saw Walter getting my keys from the technician, walked over to him and said, "I am going to need you to mail me that tab." I think Walter knew that any semblance of a no at this point would have caused me to open the nearest Matrix on the lot and get my own damn cover. He simply responded, "I will mail that right to you once it arrives." I thanked him as politely as I could, took my keys and drove home.

I will say, that if Walter somehow does not send me my part in the mail and I get one of those cards stating I need to make an appointment, he will find more than that nickel size tab shoved up his ass when I find him!

2 Comments:

  • At 11:16 PM, Blogger Gadzie said…

    I am sorry. :(

     
  • At 1:48 PM, Blogger zozosma said…

    give 'em hell girl!

    what a bunch of prats. they need a special part to pry their heads out of their asses.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home