Pita Thoughts

The scattered thoughts of a mind trying to remain open is a seemingly closed world.

Friday, November 11, 2005

Nothing coming............

I appear to have "writer's block". I certainly do not consider myself an actual writer, in the professional sense, but I find writing my thoughts soothing. It helps me sort out my ever spinning mind. The trouble right now is that I have plenty going on in my thoughts, but I just can not seem to express them, even in type. This problem can be very stressful in itself. I have started a few posts, but eventually delete them without publishing because they either make no sense or are not complete. I have been telling myself that when the time comes that I "need" to write, my fingers will be willing and able to help me put my ideas into words.

I found one of my favorite quotes while cleaning out old boxes from my previous job. I do not know why it strikes me in such a manner, but I keep it taped to my computer monitor.

"When you're not certain if there's ground under your feet, or where it leads, walk carefully. As surely as it's dark and frightening, there's magic there too. When you're willing to let go of old ideas and frames of reference about how life is, has to be, always will be, and what's next, you're in the mysterious void, the place where all creation begins.
Walk slowly until you see the light, because you will. Then get ready. We've got a mountain to climb."

I think I try to find my way into this "mysterious void", but once I arrive I do not know where to go or what to do and run back to the old ways of being and thinking. Cowardly, I know, but at least I am trying. I think a lot of people talk about going forward and "climbing the mountain", but not nearly as many act on it. Talk is cheap, as they say. I choose to not talk about it, because once I tell someone I will do something grand and it doesn't happened the way I want, I get too discouraged to continue on and simply make excuses for my lack of trying.

Again, I am not sure what I am trying to say. I considered deleting this post as well or saving as a draft, but that quote is too important not to publish and for it's merit alone, I will add this incomplete post to my "published works".

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home