Pita Thoughts

The scattered thoughts of a mind trying to remain open is a seemingly closed world.

Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Wow

Today was a day of revelations. A lot seemed to happen, yet not much at all. I know, cryptic eh? :P

I will start with the most recent.... Mom busted me eating out of her icecream container (I know, bad bad bad). She said I was sick and was going to give her my "disease" and she would get sick and die. She wants it on her headstone that I killed her all for a scoop (or two) of low fat Healthy Choice Capuccino Chocolate Chip icecream. I love my Mom, she is nuts and makes me laugh.

I found out that my name is infamous around one of the company's plants. Recently, through email correspondence I have made a new friend at the plant and he told me that when he started, he heard my name quite a bit and quickly learned I was the person to go to. Funny, I have never met most of the guys who I have dealt with at BR in the past 5 years, but we are all connected, a sort of camaraderie, protecting and helping each other when it comes to dealing with the immense force of "corporate". My new friend is a good guy and appreciates my assistance. It is good to be appreciated. It is not always good to be known as one of the go-to people at my company, but these guys are respectful and don't push their luck and I know I can call them for anything in a pinch.

My great friend Kevyn was suffering today. He was as tired as I am and had to come down and tend to his very large child, Kidd, a 17hh thoroughbred gelding. Kevyn is fantastic and so is his gentle giant horse. Everyone loves Kidd at the barn, but I must say, I have never met a horse who could injure himself so often...and not just a small scrape. Kidd has had a nasty wound on his back ankle for quite some time, very frustrating, but today he seems to have caused some injury to his eye. Horses DO NOT like to have their eyes treated with any type of rinse, so holding their heads and flushing out a tightly closed eye is no fun, but Kevyn did it, and with amazing patience. As I started to feel overwhelming frustration for all the work my friend has to put into this horse, Kidd suddenly turned to look at his Dad and the affection in his eyes was gleamingly apparent. For anyone who thinks horses are dumb animals who can not love their human counterparts, you need to just watch the relationship between a horse like Kidd and a kind person like Kevyn. They are connected for life. I can not help but smile to think of them. So here's to Kev and Kidd, two partners in crime that I am so glad to know. :)

I received some news from a very good friend of mine that has me worried about her. She is smart, strong and capable of making the right decisions for herself and her son, but I hate to see her in such emotional and mental anguish. She has to make some major changes in her life soon and I wish I could be closer to her, give her a hug, hold her hand. It is so hard to live so far apart, yet feel so close. Retta has taken good care of me in the past and I am eternally grateful. She is in my thoughts and in my heart.

There was, of course, more to the day, but at this time I am going to leave my thoughts at that. I am tired and like Mom said have been sick and need to rest. The moments of today have passed....wonder what tomorrow will bring. Life really is like a box of chocolates.

(Oh great, now I want more of Mom's icecream w/ the chocolate chips. hee hee)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home