Pita Thoughts

The scattered thoughts of a mind trying to remain open is a seemingly closed world.

Monday, September 05, 2005

The Power of Nature....

I had a fantastic time this weekend. I went to Maine to see a friend. She lives in Freeport, and what a wonderful town. She walks her dog every day in a park that is right on the water...the ocean! Though I live only 1/2 hr from the ocean, I just don't get down to see it as often as I should. I knew I love the sea, but I didn't quite realize the amazing effect it has right down to my soul. To stand there on the rocks, watching the birds and looking out into the ocean, it occurred to me how amazingly beautiful nature is. I certainly was well aware of the immense wonderment of Nature, but I have not let myself become overwhelmed by it in so long, I had almost lost the wonderment I feel faced with it's true presense. The smell of the ocean, the feeling of the wind on my body, it almost erases the troubles within....even if just for a moment. I told my friends I swear I lost 10yrs, just felt younger being surrounded by such power. I just can not describe how happy I am to muck around in the marsh mud at low tide looking for special stones and shells. It is as though nothing can hurt me when I am protected by an almost untouched part of Nature. My friend is so lucky to have this experience every morning, I envy her more than she could know. Someday I will live close enough to ocean to walk out to a beach every morning and listen to the gulls call as they feed, to watch my dogs play in the waves, to watch one of Nature's most powerful assets.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home