Pita Thoughts

The scattered thoughts of a mind trying to remain open is a seemingly closed world.

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Experience is.................

I am a huge fan of reading quotes. Some of the statements people make are just amazing. So I found a webpage of quotes and there are 3 that begin with "Experience is". These three quotes have a lot to do with some of what I have come to realize in the past few months or so.

"Experience is something you do not get until just after you need it.

"Experience is what causes a person to make new mistakes instead of old ones."

"Experience is what you get when you were expecting something else."

True though aren't they? These are all part of the irony of life I think.

I think the first quote has to do with how hind-site is always 20-20. Of course this is how one learns

The second quote is somewhat pessimistic, but neverless true. If anyone tries to say he or she doesn't make mistakes, it's a big pile o' manure! I am the queen of making mistakes, but I do my best to learn from them and figure out why I did what I did. I am not always successful on that particular endeavor, but I do try, and there is where the "experience" comes in.

For me, the third quote has to do with assumptions and expectations. Assumptions are dangerous things, especially when we hold on to them and rely on their coming about. The disappointment can very upsetting, but once it is all said and done the realization of why one was wrong can help explain a lot about a situation.

I have been working on this blog for a few days now, so the thoughts aren't all there...but hopefully it makes some sense. Maybe I will continue it later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home