Pita Thoughts

The scattered thoughts of a mind trying to remain open is a seemingly closed world.

Friday, August 12, 2005

Uncertainty leads to knowledge.....

I freakin' hope so! I found a quote today that I liked;

"The relationship between commitment and doubt is by no means an antagonistic one. Commitment is healthiest when it is not without doubt but in spite of doubt."

I am not sure if this refers to self-doubt or doubt about the situation...I guess it is all the same in the end. I guess uncertainty/doubt are a part of life that we all have to live with, but it can be so hard. I am not saying I want to always know what will happen tomorrow, but I would like to have the confidence in my own self to find the correct path. At this point I feel like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz, standing at the fork in the road with the Scarecrow confusing her with multiple answers to the same question. I think the Scarecrow's indecision represents the battle between my heart and my brain. Making decisions and committing to them can be so hard, to accept the consequences of that decision can be hardest of all. I have found that the only thing that comes with adulthood is the necessity to make more and more decisions, and life is getting shorter by the day, so it's important to make the right one. Well, screw adulthood then! This sucks. I want to go back to the days where I hung out all day watching cartoons with Mom home and she brought me the clothes to wear to kindergarden and my breakfast. My brain is so fried now, I can't decide what to even eat anymore. Ah well, guess there isn't much I can do about it now, can't go back in time and can't stop the clock. Adulthood....BAH!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home